Hi Walter,

Not sure if I can be of any use, but I use MYOB 9.6 for Mac and when I
pass on to the accountant who uses PC,
I give him a copy of the zipped version..  The accountant always uses
the up to date copy of MYOB for PC and
has no hassles opening, changing and then returning to me in the
zipped format.  I then open it which includes
the changes he may have made and I just carry on as usual.

If someone gives me say MYOB PC Version 17 and I open it in my latest
MYOB 9.6, it will update the file to the 9.6
version and when I return it to them, they won't be able to open it as
they have an old version 17 of MYOB and not
the latest.

I was told that Mac MYOB 9 will open PC Version 19 without updating,
(as this is the latest version on both Mac & PC)
Mac Vers 8 will open PC Version 18 without updating and so on.  So in
other words, if you give the accountant MYOB
Version 7, ask him to work on it with his version PC 17.

I don't have any problems with the few accountants (from different
companies) I work with.

I hope that all makes sense ?

Jewels