Hi Tom,

I don't think I'm understanding your problem.

Did you use these instructions to create the TTP 6 eDrive on your Lion system?

1. Launch the Installed Version of TechTool Pro 6 (NOT the TTP 6 DVD), and
click on the Tools category.

2. Click on the eDrive tool.

3. Select the active system volume as the eDrive Destination Volume and choose
a bootable system volume for the Mac OS X Source Volume. By default, the
current active system volume is already selected as the Mac OS X Source Volume.

NOTE 1: If there is an external or secondary internal hard drive, you have the
option of selecting that as the eDrive Destination Volume.

4. Click on the Create eDrive button. The time to create a bootable eDrive
volume will vary from machine to machine.
Let the eDrive creation process continue until completion.

To boot the eDrive volume, click on the eDrive Restart button in TechTool Pro's
eDrive configuration window or by restarting the computer, holding down the
"option" key on the keyboard and selecting the eDrive icon.
------
<http://www.micromat.com/techtool-pro-6-manual/techtool-pro-6-manual-tools#eDrive>