I have been pondering the comments from Peter and Eugene and their reasons for
not being able to pay the $30.00 membership fee.   I feel the need to say I was
rather disappointed in some of the responses to those comments, and refer to
the comment below.   It is not for us to judge what is or is not a significant
amount of money to someone else.    It is also not very wise to be as
simplistic as the comment below, about such things.   It might work out to 58
cents a week but thrown on top of other expenses people have, $30.00 cannot
always be found.    I had a young school girl knock on my door last week, fund
raising for something, and when I told her I did not want to participate she
told me it was just the price of a cup of coffee after all.   How patronising!
  She was given a rather stern talking to and sent on her way.

Please don't respond to people's honest expressions of why they cannot meet the
$30.00 cost in such patronising ways, it really does demean you.

Kind regards

Wendy
On 28/06/2012, at 19:41 , Michael Hawkins wrote:

> Yep, the 58 cents a week is well and truly worth it!
>
> Michael.

Wendy S Austin
211 Bathurst Street
Hobart  Tas  7000