Hi Rosemary,

Check the IP address and subnet of both your Macs (working) and (not working)
Ensure that the subnet mask is the same on both and that the Mac has a valid IP
address etc.

Also check the DHCP client list on the TimeCapsule and see if both devices are
on it.

When it happens again...Check the server name and IP address, check your
network connection, and then try again.

You did not try reconfigure your Network that I suggested originally did you?

> Disk not configured

Is that the complete message or is it:
Red "i" message: "Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network
interface could not be found"?

1. From the Finder's Go menu go to this location:
    /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

2. Copy the file "NetworkInterfaces.plist" to the desktop (to make a
precautionary backup).

3. Delete the file "NetworkInterfaces.plist".  Enter administrator name and
password if prompted.

4. Restart your Mac.

5. Once restarted, reconfigure your Network and Time Machine preference panes
in System Preferences.

6. Check that your Network is working ok and you are online.

7. See if you can select your TM backup disk and do a backup.

Let me know the result of these please.

Sent from Ronni's iPad