We're you using the DVD in DVD Player or some other Application.
If so quit DVD Player or other app first.

When you tried start up holding the mouse bottom, did you do it this way?
Shut down the computer and start up whilst holding down the mouse button.
This may take some time, but keep your finger on the mouse button right up
until the disc comes out or the log-in screen has appeared.

Sent from Ronni's iPad