May also pay (after erasing the drive) to check the cables as well.
if it's one of those Seagate ones that "connects" with different ends etc, then
you can disconnect and reconnect it as well. And try another cable (if
possible), given that it seems to report it's dropping the connection as well.
But as Ronni has suggested, worth the erase as well. Then you know the drive is
"clean" and ready to start again.
If still fails, then may be worth looking at the cables,…

Kind regards
Daniel
---
Daniel Kerr