Hi Tim,

If I was you (which obviously I'm not); I would wait as it is rumoured and I
feel 'correctly rumoured' :-)
 ... that a new model MacPro will be released in 2013.
New 27-inch iMacs should be released in late 2012.

Cheers,
Ronni who is still upset with Apple dropping the 17" MacBook Pro

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)