Hi Ronni,

Thanks for the suggestions.

> Just a quick question.
> In System Preferences > Time Machine > Options - Do you have "Notify after
> old backups are deleted" selected?

It is not selected.

I did the restart as you suggested but the result was the same. I then removed
the preferences file
com.apple.TimeMachine.plist, restarted once more and again the same problem.

I did notice another problem, not sure if there is any relation. These two
restarts were only the second and third after the upgrade to 10.8.2. The System
Preferences Panel seems to loose some settings. The first time after the
upgrade the screen settings were not retained - I have two screens and 4
desktops set up. The settings were all gone but I attributed that to the first
start after the upgrade. Today again these settings were lost, both times. Also
I noticed other settings such as Energy Saver and Bluetooth were not retained.

Probably no relation but it is irritating to have to rebuild settings that
should be retained...

Regards,

Paul

PS I did Repair Permissions both before and after the upgrade, no problems
reported.