Hi Ronni,

Problem solved! It was my fault all along. When I first upgraded to Mountain
Lion there was an option to keep the old information. I don't remember the
exact wording but I clicked 'yes'. Once I removed that file it reduced the
amount needed for backup and it is proceeding at the moment. Approximately 1.5
million items and 9 hours to go!

Thanks for all your assistance, you are, as always, extremely helpful and very
much appreciated.

Wish it was later in the day, I could use a glass of 'red' <grin>.

Regards,

Paul