Thanks Ruben.  I tried both disk in another FireWire case and Bob managed to
recover all the data from one of them, however, the other refused to mount or
even reveal itself in any of Bob's diagnostic or data recovery software despite
the fact that it is spinning up OK.

I'm not sure what the next step is but giving up on it seems likely.

Regards,

Adrian Skehan
adrianske...@me.com