Hi Stephen,

Without knowing what size Hard Drive and how much Free space is on the Hard
Drive, or how much memory is installed it is not easy to give any advise.

Check System Preferences > Startup Disk and select your internal HD (Macintosh
HD)

Also check System Preferences > Accounts - Login Items to see if there's
anything there that you don't really need that can be disabled.

Sent from Ronni's iPad