Hi All

Here's my experience of Apple's Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Programme...

Earlier this week I entered the serial numbers of our 2 iMacs into the Apple
Support page relating to the Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Programme
http://www.apple.com/au/support/imac-harddrive/
and it reported that one of the iMacs was eligible for hard drive replacement.

On Monday I phoned Apple Support, explained the situation and was put through
to a local Australian Apple Support supervisor. He explained that he would
arrange an onsite visit by an Apple Authorised technician to replace the hard
drive. He said he would be passing the details on to MacWorx in Joondalup and
that they would contact me within a day or two to arrange a visit.  The Apple
Support guy gave me his direct extension number to phone if I encountered any
problems.
(I did not have to ask for the onsite repair, it was offered, and it certainly
beats having to lug a 27" iMac into a repairer!)

A couple of hours later I received a phone call from Boz at MacWorx informing
me that he had ordered the replacement hard drive and it would be delivered in
a few days. He asked which version of OS X i wanted installing as he would have
the drive pre-installed with that version. I opted for OS X 10.7. He then
confirmed that I would have a full back up of my current drive, either a clone
or a Time Machine backup from which they could perform a reinstall of my data.

On Wednesday I had a call from MacWorx to arrange an appointment to install the
new drive.
On Thursday a MacWorx technician came and replaced the hard drive, attached my
clone drive and started the data reinstall for me.

The whole process, from contacting Apple Support to the fitting of the new HDD
by AppleWorx was smooth, friendly and efficient.

Superb service by Apple and MacWorx.

Cheers
Jane