Hi Yvonne,

Try resetting thePMU (Power Management Unit) first.
1. Turn the PowerBook OFF
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter and Remove the computer's battery
3. Press & Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds and then release the button
4. Reconnect the battery and the AC Power Adapter
5. Press the power button to restart the PowerBook.

If the problem persists I am thinking it could be the "touchpad temperature
sensor".
Open Console then on the left, under "Log Files" click "system.log".
In the upper right search field type "Overheat".
If you see "PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. Going to sleep!" a whole
bunch of times it is possibly the touchpad temperature sensor.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4