Yes you can!
Select what you wish to sync to your iPhone as per previous instructions and
sync your iPhone.
Then Eject your iPhone & disconnect it from your computer
Open iTunes > Preferences - Devices and untick 'Prevent iPods, iPhones, and
iPads from syncing automatically.
iTunes will remember your sync settings for future syncs.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4