Hi Peter, Ronni, Daniel

Peter, I think the thing to remember is that if you and your kids use the
same Apple ID then there is no "my stuff" "kids stuff" from the iTunes
account point of view - it is all associated with that apple ID - so when
you are in iTunes and signed into that account it is all "your stuff".

As Ronni & Daniel have pointed out, however, you can control what syncs
between your computer and your various IOS iDevices. Even though I am the
only person using my Apple ID, I do not use the "auto" setting since I have
several apps that could work on both my iPhone and my iPad but I choose to
have some only on my iPhone and others only on my iPad.

So, for me (as for you if you want to avoid getting all your kids new apps)
the box that says to "Automatically sync new Apps" has to be unchecked.

The downside, of course, is that when YOU purchase new apps you have to go
into iTunes and select that app in the sync list for whichever of your
iDevices you want it to sync to - in my case, I have to add to the sync list
for my iPhone, or my iPad, or both - depending on where I want the app.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia

on 28/1/13 4:08 PM, Ronda Brown at ro...@mac.com wrote:

> Hi Peter,

I think I understand what you are saying with the kids downloading
> new apps on their devices and then you automatically syncing and finding their
> new Apps are on your iPhone.

Open iTunes
Connect your iPhone
Select your
> iPhone
Click the Apps Tab and UNCHECK the box that says to "Automatically sync
> new Apps"

That should stop any new apps the kids purchase on your iTunes
> Account from syncing to your iPhone

Sent from Ronni's iPad4

On