Hi Peter

I haven't travelled outside Aus (well bar NZ), so can't really give "exact"
info.
But iTunes will revert you back to your set preference of Australian App Store.

For the charging. If you have quite a few items, iPads, phone etc. Take a small
4 way power board. Then all you need is one US adapter for the end of it. You
can then plug all the normal Australian things into. (Bearing in mind it will
be running at 110W I think it is). That way you don't need lots and lots of end
adapters, and you can still charge everything. And a 4way power board is pretty
small and light so wont' add to much in the suitcase.

Backing up to iPad's can work well "just incase".

Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Daniel
---