Hi Stuart,

Are you sure you are looking in the correct ~/Library?
To show the ~/Library (Home Library) is the same in Lion & Mountain Lion.

The Path is  "HD/Users/user name/Library/Mobile Documents.xxxxxx  (the xxx will
be numbers)

NOTE:  But Don't go moving anything out of the Mobile Documents Folder!

How to create aliases for Documents in the Cloud folders:

1. Launch the Finder

2. In the Menu click on the Go menu and then down to Go to Folder (or use the
keyboard shortcut, CMD + SHIFT + G)

3. Type ~/library/ and click on Go

4. Double click on the folder called Mobile Documents

5. Find the folders that store your Documents in the Cloud, namely:
com~apple~pages
com~apple-numbers
com~apple~keynote

6. Double click on the com~apple~pages folder.

7. Right click (Control-Click) on the Documents folder.

8. Select Create Alias (Make Alias), then drag that folder onto your desktop.

9. Repeat this procedure for the Numbers, Pages, Keynote Documents folders on
all Macs that use your iCloud account.

I'm out of here now, I'm not supposed to be doing any support work yet. I
intended to just answer a couple of quick WAMUG questions... but somehow that
was not what eventuated :(