The original question was supposed  to be "What is the difference between
airport and Go To Server via your modem"  Have just tried that and failed
miserably.
Because I have new desktop, I need to move applications and files from the old
to the new without moving the lot, as I wish to cull a fair bit.
Re: the iPad, I use Filemaker Pro a fair bit on the desktop and the iPad and
moving new records from the iPad to the desktop is a bit messy.... Save
to/open/find the new records/then use import.....
I had a look at airport this morning and it looked a lot easier, but before
racing off and spending hundred bucks or so, I thought I'd ask wamugs opinion.

tia,

Brett Curtis
Master Window Cleaners
0419 049 084