Hi Marcus,

Are you using Notes in Mountain Lion? Notes were much improved in Mountain Lion.

Notes in Mountain Lion
<http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html#notes>

Pushed to all devices:
With iCloud, your notes stay up to date on all your devices. Create notes on
your Mac, and they appear in the Notes app on your iPad.
Change a note on the go on your iPhone, and it’s updated on your Mac.

Folders:
Stay organized by arranging notes in folders.

Search:
Use the search field to quickly find the note you’re looking for.

Add links:
Notes supports links — simply highlight a URL and drag it into the note.

Full screen:
Click the full-screen button to take one or all of your notes full screen.

Photos and attachments:
Drag a photo or an attachment into a note to include it.

Fonts, bullets, and lists:
Format your note with fonts, rich text, bulleted items, and numbered lists.

Built-in sharing:
The Share button is built into Notes, so it’s easy to send a note to a friend
or colleague using Mail or Messages.

Sort Notes:
Sort Notes by date edited, date created, or title.

Pin notes:
Pin a note to keep it handy on your desktop. Just double-click, and your note
opens in its own window. Even if you close Notes, the note stays open on your
desktop. You can pin multiple notes to see them all at a glance.

Multiple accounts:
Notes works with IMAP services, so your notes stay up to date on your devices.
You can also create notes and folders that appear only on your Mac.

I have Evernote as well, but find just for Note taking and jotting quick notes
I use Notes App more.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4