A wrap-up on iPad battery life - - -

I went to the Garden City Apple store and asked about reading the "1000
charge-discharge cycles" count.

Yes, Apple can read the cycle count, BUT the figure is meaningless as it resets
to zero each time the iPad is reset!

Regarding battery replacement, I got the clear impression that ad-hoc decisions
are made depending on age and condition of the iPad, and the argument made by
the customer.

Cheers
Alan