Hi Daniel,

As Rosemary uses Time Capsule, & Time Machine to backup both her and her
husband's computers.
One other point I thought we should make, is that changing the user short name
Time Machine will NOT "inherit" or "associate" her husband's old backups.

After the short name is changed the Home Folder has a different name, so it
will be backed-up in its entirety. So the first TM backup after the short name
change will a full/complete backup of all his data.

He will also notice a change in the Time Machine browser.
When looking at backups of, say, his Documents folder in the new backups, he
won't be able to go directly to the backups of the old one, since they are in a
whole different folder.

He can select his HD in the sidebar, select the Users folder, then navigate to
an earlier backup until he can find the old home folder.

Sent from Ronni's iPad4