Hi Brian,

Thankfully my 17" MacBookPro8,3 (early 2011) is still running perfectly.
But as soon as Apple announce a new 17" MacBook Pro retina display, I will be
ordering one ;-)

There has been thousands of people (including me) that have been sending
feedback to Apple since they discontinued the 17" MBP via this link.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html
Apple say they do read all feedback... so hopefully they have been really
listening...

And even the co-founder of Apple - Steve Wozniak depends on a 17 inch Mac Book
Pro.
<http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/26/engadget-questionnaire-steve-wozniak/>
"What gadget do you depend on most?
Macbook Pro 17-inch for most of my email, including web links and video links."

Sent from Ronni's iPad4