-- Hi, can anyone help with this? I have been using Bento quite widely on
my iMac, and have about 20 libraries up, including a Chinese-English pinyin
(romanization) and character store. Now my wife and I are due to go on a
'Silk Route' trip through Central Asia, Istanbul to Beijing.

-- This trip we thought we would take my wife's iPad instead of my MacBook,
so I downloaded Bento on the iPad, after updating to the latest iOS (also
updated to the latest version of Bento on the iMac). I would like to
transfer (sync) the Chinese library from the iMac onto the iPad. This is
certainly possible with the Sync command from iMac Bento.

1). The main problem is, that with the Sync command, no mobile devices show
up as the target for the Sync. Is this because my wife's iPad has her
details (email address etc) as the user, and if so, how can I get round
this? I have both devices side by side, the iMac connected to the router by
Ethernet, the iPad by wireless.

-- Some of the other problems will be because I am a complete novice with
the iPad, and have had to be shown how to switch on and off, alter volume
levels etc. Some questions:

2). If I can run the Sync successfully, will it transfer the whole Bento
database (all libraries), or only the library open at the time of syncing?

3). If the library/database is synced, how do I type Chinese pinyin into,
say, the Search box? On the iMac, I choose 'Pinyin - Simplified' on the
Input Source menu or by a keyboard shortcut (Command-Space). I don't know
how to access either of these on the iPad.

Any suggestions, or tips on the concept of taking an iPad to Central Asia,
much appreciated.

David Noel
2013 Aug 19