Hi Bill & Juliet,
I think I know what you mean.

After I import photos into iPhoto I give them each a relevent Title so that I
can find them and so that they are also displayed on the relevant Smart Folder.

However this does not change the file name.
So when I email any of them to friends/family I first drag a copy of each to
the desktop.
Then (because the file name is still the original nondescript one) I change the
file names to something relevant to the receiver.

Is it possible to change the File Name whilst the photo is still in iPhoto,
seems to be your question ?

Regards,
Stephen Chape