What is it with people???

It is not Apple's responsibility to save your Data for you!
Apple always states:  "Backup your Data before installing" any updates/upgrades.
I have been Screaming to WAMUG members (for years) to BACKUP your Data before
installing updates/upgrades

It is not Apple’s responsibility to save your data for you. No system is
failsafe.
If you can’t learn how to back up your photos and contacts and videos and music
before experimenting with a new operating system, you’re going to have a hard
time.

It’s 2013, and I am appalled that people are still asking how to recover their
photos and music because they did not BACKUP or save them to another device
before installing iOS 7

Installing a new operating system should not wipe your data, but it has been
known to happen.
At a minimum, users should be backing up their data to two separate locations
like a computer and a cloud account. That way if anything should happen you
know you have multiple copies stored elsewhere.
I posted to WAMUG before iOS 7 was released  "Prepare for iOS 7 the Correct
Way:
What To Do Before Upgrading an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to iOS 7"
In the document I mentioned doing a dual-backup and explained how.

I sometimes wonder why I bother doing all this for WAMUG members when people
just either chose to ignore the advise or don't even bother to read it,

I don’t know what Apple — or any other company — or WAMUG needs to do to
convince people to back up.
How do you incentivise someone not to lose their stuff?

Sent from Ronni's iPad4