Good morning

Mail is working correctly this morning. Problem resolved

I ran the keychain assistant and it reported no problems, then went back and
removed the 'envelope' files Ronni suggested, and restarted the computer. I had
done this yesterday too, but without the restart.

I Opened mail.app and it rebuilt as expected and all accounts are now
functioning correctly

Passwords are saving correctly.

Thanks for the assistance

Tim