Hello Fellow WAMUGgers,

in Perth to consider attending the AGM.  Not that I have anything against our
country members but I do realise the journey might be a bit long. 😄😄😄  It is
during this AGM that the Report of the Committee and the Financial Statements
is given and, most importantly, the election of the Officers and the Committee.
 A committee needless to say, is vital to the future of WAMUG.

I have been a member of WAMUG since 2010 when I made the transition from
Windows to Macs.  I have attended virtually all the meetings since then and
have always come away with some information, an answer to a question or a
product which I have later included in my personal arsenal of software.

About two years ago I tentatively put up my hand to be a member of the
Committee because I valued the meetings and wanted them to continue.  I say
tentatively, because compared to the knowledge of Peter H, Ronnie, Daniel and
others, I am a mere private in the “WAMUG army”. However, it is a decision I do
not regret.

Although I may lack huge expertise in all things Apple - actually extend that
to all things ‘computerish’ - I found out I did have things to offer, just as
we all have.  Being a teacher-librarian I have no problem in presenting to a
group so I have on occasion given demonstrations at the meetings.  Your
expertise might be in organisation, or a particular software package. Maybe you
are great at secretarial stuff and would be happy to take minutes at a meeting,
or you have a video and would be willing to video & edit a meeting. Whatever
your gifts consider becoming committee member.

 The more committee members we have the more support we can give to you, our
members and to ourselves. Perhaps consider joining for just this year.
Certainly no one is expecting a lifetime commitment but as the proverb states
“Many hands make light work.”

Cheers to  everyone,

Maureen Smith