Hi Bill,

A Pages document created in Pages'09 (4.0) cannot be opened in Pages'08 (3.0)
A pages document created in Pages 5  cannot be opened in Pages 4

iWork is not backwards compatible... You can open a Pages'08 document in Pages
'09 but not the other way around. (You can go forward but not backwards)

If you can get someone to open the document in Pages'09 (or whatever version it
was created in) they could then...
1. choose 'Save As'
2. Type a new name for the document in the 'Save As' field
3. Choose where you want to save the document
4. Select "Save a copy as", and choose iWork'08 or Word Document from the
pop-up menu
5. Click save

Sent from Ronni's iPad4