I am being bugged by a Software Update reminder.

It is for the latest Pages and iMovie.

I use the old Pages 09, because I can see two facing pages.  I’ve been ignoring
the Software Update but this morning I decided to go ahead and install them,
though I don’t use them.

And this is what I got for my efforts for both.

We could not complete your update.
Failed to verify the preflight file. It is not signed by Apple.

I logged in to the App Store to see if I had better luck there.  I didn’t.  Oh,
they are there in my purchases and are logged as requiring updates, but when I
try them from the App Store itself, it gives the same rejection explanation.

I managed to update the Security Update.

Has anybody had this peculiar problem?  What can I do to update them and get
rid of the annoying reminder.

David Nicholas

iMac OS X  10.8.4
2 GHz Intel Core i7