On 30 Jun 2014, at 5:19 pm, Rod Blitvich <rb...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Peter and Robin
> The product is a little crappy in places:
> They forgot to title the book!!!
> There is some "place holder" text in a couple of places
> They may not have totally adhered to copyright procedures

What's far more important than content here is the process! Not many of us will
be trying to replicate the book, but we all have our little projects just
waiting to be turned into useful publications for us to use for all sorts of
things. Most of use are just waiting to start, and there's nothing more
inspiring than to see the work of others who have succeeded.

The kids' work might be a little rough around the edges, but that's really to
be expected from a group of 13 year-olds! It's the techniques and processes
that make it happen, and clearly they've put the work in to get it nearly
ready. I believe they need the chance to show off their efforts to an audience
who will appreciate the technical side of the accomplishment, when the polish
of the product will not be as important as it might be for a final presentation
to a different group, eg, a parent/teachers' night.

Please give the suggestion some serious consideration. It might even give the
authors the incentive to smooth it out a bit more.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948