Hello fellow WAMUGgers,

Here is this month’s update in most things WAMUG.

August Meeting

There will be a change of venue for our next meeting. This is because our
normal meeting venue will be unavailable during August. The meeting, on Tuesday
5 August, will be held at Collier Village, 11 Morrison Road Como. Closer to the
event, we will give more specific details on the location as the village is a
large complex.

At this meeting there will be a demonstration of the new LaCie Fuel Wireless
Drive.

This is a drive that allows you to
Expand your iPad capacity without cables
Share files with 5 devices at once
Play media on devices via mobile app
Stream to Apple TV and AirPlay devices
It is portable and very light which makes it a great asset for travellers. No
need to worry about running out of storage for those holiday snaps or how to
keep the ankle biters amused while you check on your WAMUG emails.

We will also be looking at an iPhone Bluetooth handset that allows you to talk
while checking your iPhone calendar, maps, etc, as well as ensuring your iPhone
does not get lost under the paperwork on your desk.

In the software department there will be a demonstration of SheepShaver. No,
this has nothing to do with shearing sheep! It is software designed to emulate
older Mac operating systems. So, if you have a program that you can no longer
use because of advances in Apple’s operating systems, this may be the answer

Finally we will be looking at how to make the best of your iBook app on your
iPhone or iPad.

WAMUG 30th Celebration.

If you are intending to come remember, confirmation and payment need to be made
by Wednesday August 6th. Payment can be made by electronic transfer, cheque or
you can pay when you attend August’s meeting.

Electronic Transfer
NAME:  Western Australian Macintosh Users Group
BSB:     306-075
A/C:     4197787

Please place your name and number of tickets you require in the reference area.

Cheque
Please make your cheque payable to the “Western Australian Macintosh Users
Group" and post to;

WAMUG Treasurer
C/- PO Box 1204
CANNING VALE DC WA 6970

Any questions, feel free to email them to the list.

Cheers everyone and keep dry,

Maureen