> On 5 Nov 2014, at 11:37 pm, John Daniels <john...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ronni
>
> You mention 635bgabA called Reader which can convert a page on Safari to a
> PDFS if I understand your comment correctly.
>
> Is that Adobe Reader or PDFS Reader or something else?  Sounds like a useful
> application.
>
> One other thing, when I type the shortened version of "application" it
> changes automatically to my password for the store. I use Last Pass.. Any
> ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> John

Reader has been a feature of Safari for several years. I can’t remember when it
first appears , but I think it was around the time of Leopard, but it could
have been even before that. Reader is not a converter to PDF per se. It is a
feature which lets you render the contents of a web page so that you see just
the article content, free of distracting sidebars, advertisements, popups, etc.
You then have the option of export the content to PFD, printing it, etc. The
printed result/PDF has the same clean content as the screen copy.

Until Yosemite, Reader was accessible by clicking a “Reader” button at the far
right of the URL field on “Readable” web pages. If a apage is “Readable” the
button is active. If not, the button is greyed out. In Yosemite, the icon has
moved to the left of the URL field and appears as a pattern of four horizontal
lines. It’s not visible at all if the page is not “Readable”.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948