Got a pop-up in Safari “com.apple.WebKit.Networking.xpc wants to sign in using
key Apple ID Authentication etc …. “ with options to always allow, deny, or
allow.

Never seen a such a message before.   What is it all about?   ** Rephrase this:
not all, just a precis!  An internet search talked about rendering machines,
which I thought might be associated with house building . . .

I had done a duckduckgo search for “propogate kangaroo paw seeds” and top hit
was site "anbg dot gov au” which looked reasonably safe to read.  Got the
WebKit message, but Safari  gave a message “can’t open page … because can’t
establish a secure connection” when I denied access to WebKit.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Smith
  Late 2012 iMac 27" Intel Quad Core i5  Fusion 3.2GHz 8G RAM - OSX 10.9.5
Mavericks
  Late 2009 iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 12G RAM - OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks
  iPhone5;  iPad2;  ATV2