Hi Ronni

I clicked on the search engine link to go to the website which normally
displayed just the first three fields ( to “au”) but hovering displayed this
full path:
anbg.gov.au/anigozanthos/index.html
Safari failed when attempting access directly from duckduckgo.  If I typed just
the “portal” URL into Safari, it takes me to the website where I can navigate
to the correct page.  Also, if I type the full (?) URL as above into Safari, it
takes me directly to the required page.

The website does not indicate it is secure, there is no URL lock icon, no https
on the portal home page, and no indication on the detail page.  After clicking
the duckduckgo link I immediately get the WebKit message, therefore I can’t see
if the secure lock icon appears in the Safari URL input field.

> Also, what is the full correct message that you received:
I took screenshots of the WebKit and Safari messages.  Same as your text, with
different date and time:

com.apple.WebKit.Networking.xpc want to sign in using key “Apple ID
Authentication 2013-10-27 11:30:03 GMT+08:00” in your keychain.  Do you want to
allow access to this item?

There were two identical (I think) consecutive messages; then returned to the
Safari fail page after the second “deny”.

By the way, all these searches and tests were from the 2012 “good” iMac.  It
uses Safari 7.1 - I see that Macrumors reports that an update has just been
released.  I won’t install it until this little mystery has been resolved.

Cheers
Alan