Three questions re security:
1. Is there a user test for malware that may be present on my iMac?
2. Does Yosemite initiate a logon process to gmail (or Hangouts) when a Mac
wakes up?
3. Is Google forcing customers to move from password access to their own cloud
verification system?

On 24 May I upgraded my Late 2012 iMac to Yosemite.

On 25 May Google advised “We recently blocked a sign-in attempt to your Google
Account … at 1:23 AM from Perth Australia. Whoever tried to sign in to your
account knows your password …"   I was asleep at the time - but the iMac was
doing its 2-hourly test sequence(?) around this time.   Google website details
showed my 2 iMacs as recognised users, with an unauthorised login from a third
“unidentified device”.  I changed the password.

Today, 1 June, Google sent me another email advising  “We recently blocked a
sign-in attempt to your Google Account … at 8:34 AM from Perth Australia.
Whoever tried to sign in to your account knows your password …”.  Google
website account details advised logon attempt  came from a “less secure app”.
I had just woken my iMac from sleep around this time.  I did not change the
password or take up Google’s offer for two-step validation.

There are a large number of Console log messages.  Some look alarming, but as
the Apple Services and log vocabulary is completely different to Mavericks, it
probably means there is no problem - just working harder.   I note log messages
include frequent multiple entries from Google Software Update Daemon, iTunes,
coreaudio Airplay and Mail.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Smith
  Late 2012 iMac 27" Intel Quad Core i5  Fusion 3.2GHz 8G RAM - OSX 10.10.3
Yosemite
  Late 2009 iMac 21.5" Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz 12G RAM - OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite
  iPhone5;  iPad2;  ATV2