I am willing to try any other suggestions, if someone has some.

Many thanks and stay safe, if you are on the road.

Philippe

On 18 Jun 2015, at 6:10 pm, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

Hi Phil, I've noticed that Mail is a bit erratic on ipad with my Gmail account
though my isp  mail account is fine. Try shutting down the Mail app then do a
restart of the ipad and then see if that sorts it out.

Pete.

-------- Original message --------
From: Philippe Chaperon
Date:18/06/2015 17:17 (GMT+08:00)
Subject: Mail on iPad iOS 8.3 - Cannot get Mail

Good afternoon dear WAMUG’ers,

My wife’s iPad with latest iOS 8.3 has suddenly sprung an error with Mail. In
brief:

iPad is connected to our home Wi-Fi
Safari correctly accesses Web sites and also the Yahoo! mail account
Mail however returns an error message: 'Cannot Get Mail The connection to the
server failed’

Try as I may I simply cannot get Mail to get any mail, it simply list all the
mail collected last Saturday. To my knowledge nothing happened since that last
collection.

I have done the update to iOS 8.3 this morning, stupidly thinking this would
resolve the problem, but still the same.

My own iPad running the same version of iOS 8.3 does not have any problems at
all.

Can some knowledgeable soul point me to a solution, please?

Many thanks & best regards,

Philippe Chaperon