Hi Philippe,

Generally these types of issues are Yahoo issues. If you are not seeing any
other error message identifying another problem, such as username or password,
it is a problem with the Yahoo server.

Yahoo mail is notoriously unstable and experiences problems all of the time.

I am assuming the Yahoo email account is IMAP
If it is IMAP - Try this:
1. Delete the account on your iPad in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Set it up again afterwards.
In most cases this will help solving email problems.

You won't lose anything. When you reinstall the account, it may need some time
to show all the emails again, but everything should be there afterwards.

As always... make sure you have a current backup of the iPad.
-------
If you have removed the account and replaced it and still experience the
problem, I suggest contacting Yahoo and asking what is wrong. More than likely
it is on their end.

Another point I just thought of - Do you use  'two-step verification' for Yahoo?
Yahoo changed their email authentication requirements for Apple devices using
Yahoo mail but Apple devices are unable to display a useful error message that
tells you how to resolve.

Try this:

1.  Remove Yahoo account from your iOS device from the email accounts list in
the settings app

2.  Log in to Yahoo email via browser (may be required to change password) and:

          a. Activate the "second sign-in" feature

          b. Generate a new "app password" for your device

         (see
<https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/quotapp-passwordquot-sln15241.html
<https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/quotapp-passwordquot-sln15241.html>>)

3.  On your iOS/OSX device add the Yahoo email account using the password from
step 2b.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2