Thanks Ronni, I expected it was something clever like that but was loath to
wield the axe.  The Apple article explains it all.  I see no need to preserve
the iPhoto configuration.
Hope you have enjoyed the same sort of day as we have,sunny and 20+C at home
but signs of approaching damp in this late afternoon.
Severin