Further research shows a freebie to convert movies to HTML5 friendly formats.
Downloading right now.

Many thanks for that time consuming effort on my behalf Ronni!
No I have not switched to El Capitan.  But certainly there website coding is
HTML5.  Looks as if I have some movie grinding to do!
Severin

> On 16 Oct 2015, at 1:53 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com
> <mailto:ro...@mac.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Severin,
>
> Are you running El Capitan 10.11?
> The QuickTime plugin is no longer supported on OS X 10.11.
>
> Apple disables the QuickTime plug-in in 10.11.
>
> If the QT movies are the ones on Jenny’s website, I tried moving the disabled
> “QuickTime Plugin.plugin” back into Internet Plug-Ins as below as a Test to
> see if it would work... but unfortunately NO.
>
> I went to  "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Disabled Plug-Ins" and checked if
> "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" was there, it was, so I moved it to
> "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ , restarted Safari and checked on Safari ->
> Preferences -> Security -> Plug-in settings.
> Then opened Safari, went to Jenny’s website tried to play ‘The Stream’ but no
> go - still receive ‘Missing Plug-in’ click the -> to see message “This
> webpage has content that requires the “QuickTime” plug-in etc
>
> I imagine it is to do with file handling via Safari and probably the move to
> HTML5.
> The developers of the sites have to change, doesn't look like the browsers
> will change.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
>
> El Capitan OS X 10.11
>
>> On 15 Oct 2015, at 5:29 PM, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au
>> <mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>> wrote:
>>
>> I have just noticed that the QT movies in my own webpages will not play on
>> my iMac.   They are fine on my iPad.   Safari says " plugin failure",
>> Firefox requests activation of QT then plays and Chrome plays straight off.
>>  I have removed the plugin from DIVX after a recent upgrade.   I am not sure
>> how long this has been happening, only discovered by chance.
>> Simple solution I am sure.
>> Severin Crisp
>>
>> Sent from Sev's iPad

> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
<mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>