Another example of Apple deciding what we can or cannot do?

Rob
On 16/10/2015 1:53 pm, Ronni Brown wrote:
Hi Severin,

Are you running El Capitan 10.11?
The QuickTime plugin is no longer supported on OS X 10.11.

Apple disables the QuickTime plug-in in 10.11.

If the QT movies are the ones on Jenny’s website, I tried moving the disabled “QuickTime Plugin.plugin” back into Internet Plug-Ins as below as a Test to see if it would work... but unfortunately NO.

I went to "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Disabled Plug-Ins" and checked if "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" was there, it was, so I moved it to "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ , restarted Safari and checked on Safari -> Preferences -> Security -> Plug-in settings. Then opened Safari, went to Jenny’s website tried to play ‘The Stream’ but no go - still receive ‘Missing Plug-in’ click the -> to see message “This webpage has content that requires the “QuickTime” plug-in etc

I imagine it is to do with file handling via Safari and probably the move to HTML5. The developers of the sites have to change, doesn't look like the browsers will change.

*13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)*
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

El Capitan OS X 10.11