Hi I have a problem iPhoto will not open for very long.

I am using OS 10.8.5 and iPhoto 9.4.3. and I have Aperture 3.4.5

Initially, iPhoto when I tried to open it would not work at all. It would start
to run and I would get an "iPhoto quit unexpectedly" note with three options,
Ignore, Report and Reopen. I tried them all, could not make head nor tail out
of the report and the Reopen just repeated the cycle.

I thought I would try opening the library in Aperture as it is link to both. I
ran Aperture and it said something like as the library keeps crashing you
should try one of these three options. I think the first one was repair the
permissions, the second one was repair the library and I am not sure what the
third one was but it involved a more robust option.

I chose the second option and Aperture rebuilt the library and it opened up.
All of the info that I had typed onto individual photos in iPhoto was there as
were the albums , etc.

So I thought I would push the envelope as I already had a back up of the iPhoto
library. I closed Aperture and tried to open iPhoto. This time it opened and
stayed on the last page that I had displayed in Aperture for about 10 secs
before shutting down and the  "iPhoto quit unexpectedly" message came up. I
tried Reopen and the "iPhoto quit unexpectedly" came up immediately.

I went back to Aperture and that opened straight away, everything the same as
before.

I have two questions:

- Should I do a back up know? As it appears I have a working library thanks to
Aperture. (In the meantime I am keeping it open just in case)

- What should I do to try and get iPhoto to work with what it obviously a
working library?

Thanks

Matt.