Hi Matt,

Is your Mac completely uptodate, have you installed updates when Apple notified
to update?

Anyway -  So iPhoto opens now after Rebuilding the Library; but iPhoto crashes
when you open the Info panel?
It seems to be problem with the Google maps that are no longer supported.

1. Go to /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources
2. Delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and ‘googlesearch.html'

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's
application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and
causing the crash.

To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and
Control-Click it.
Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu.
Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.
Scroll down to find the files.

NOTE: Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before
you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.
It’s just safer to have a copy of the application before digging around inside
the application; just as a precaution, in case you accidentally delete the
wrong files.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

OS X El Capitan OS X 10.11.1