Hello Fellow WAMUGgers,

        Who remembers the cry “I Taut I Taw a Putty Tat?”

        Do you remember it’s crier, the bird Tweety Pie?

        Well this information has nothing to do with that little bird. but
rather his brash, and sometimes mean brother, Twitter.

        WAMUG has taken the plunge into the turbulent waters of Social
Media.and established a Twitter account. The committee has been
discussing ways of promoting WAMUG to a wider group of people. Twitter
is easy to use, doesn’t take too much time to keep up-to-date and
has the power of reaching many.

        At our May meeting we officially launched our WAMUG Twitter account.
Our name, or handle, is @wamuginperth,  - ‘cos wamug had already
been taken.  (How Rude!)   If you are conjuring up horror stories of
Twitter shaming and nastiness, then rest easy.  @wagmuginperth will
focus on information to do with apple products and the occasional
pieces of humour. No social or political commentary.  We aim to use
our powers for good, not trashy stuff!

        Twitter is an easy way of furthering your knowledge and your
account can be customised to what you want to learn. and is easy to
use on your mobile devices.t

        As a Teacher Librarian I choose to ‘follow’  fellow teacher
librarians and teachers who are innovators in their fields, as well as
some young adult book sites and local sites such as Main Roads.
although with Main Roads I tend to check it when I am in a traffic jam
rather than before I set out.  I do all this without ever composing
tweet myself.

        We can be reached at   or you can follow us via you own Twitter
account. Signing up is easy to do and you have compete control over
who you follow and wha you want to see.

        So, fellow WAMUGgers, your mission should you accept it, is to spread
the word about @wamuginperth. The more followers we have, the more
chance the our wonderful organisation will continue to flourish.

        Happy Tweeting,

        Maureen Smith