Hi Severin,

Check you have Home Sharing enabled in iTunes,  iTunes is open,  and your
computer is ON.

View Videos with Home Sharing

Once you’ve enabled Home Sharing, to access your iTunes movies from the Apple
TV, open the Computers app on the Home screen.
If you see an error message, be sure that the computer is on and has iTunes open

Computers shows videos in three categories:
Movies, TV Shows, and Home Videos. Simply select a category, and then select
the title you want to watch.
You can sort within a category by name or genre, or view only unwatched titles

> On 8 Jul 2016, at 10:53 AM, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> I have a library of various movie items which I import into iTunes and view
> on Apple TV.  Access to this library on screen normally shows up.  It has now
> vanished.  Items are still there on Apple TV.  How do I get that lot to show
> again?
> Severin Crisp
>
>              Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
> 15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
>                   ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
>                            mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
> <mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

El Capitan OS X 10.11.5