Hi Pat,

Try deleting the Desktop Preference file.
1. Go to your user   ~/library
In Finder, Hold down the Alt (Option) & click Go menu - select Library
(The user library folder is listed below the current user's home directory.)

2. Open Library - then scroll to Preferences and find com.apple.finder.plist
and move it to your Desktop. (don't worry, it will recreate when you restart
finder.)

3. Restart your Mac Pro

Sent from Ronni's iPad4