Hello Gary,

> I went to backup up my iPhone and get the
>
>       "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone " Gary Dorn iPhone" because an
> invalid response was received from the deviceā€

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Button at the same time
for at least 10 seconds.
2. Ignore the Red Slider that appears on the screen and keep holding both
buttons until the Apple Logo appears.
Release the buttons, the iPhone will restart.

You might need to Reboot both iPhone and your computer.
Somewhere between the phone and the computer something in the software is
frozen and not allowing the connection.

If still having the problem:
Check your USB connections - use the cable that came with your iPhone, switch
to another USB port on your computer.

If still having the problem - Is this a jailbreak iPhone?

> On 3 Oct. 2016, at 12:19 pm, gdorn@me <gd...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi WAMUG
>
> The other day, a family members  iPhone accidentally dropped into a toilet
> bowl!   and no longer starts ups .   This phone hadn't been backup up for
> some time, thus a few months of photos, lecture notes, ideas  and the like
> evidently can not be recovered - so say Apple.
>
> Thus I take this opportunity to remind members to routinely back up your
> iPhones ; if you have anything important on them you want to keep - just in
> case a wet accident occurs.
>
> I went to backup up my iPhone and get the
>
>       "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone " Gary Dorn iPhone" because an
> invalid response was received from the device"
>

> chow
>

> gdorn
> gd...@mac.com <mailto:gd...@mac.com>

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12