Hi Severin,

tvOS 10 is only available on the fourth-gen (and later in the future) Apple TV.
Third-gen and earlier Apple TVs run a different operating system that no longer
receives updates.

Ah come on Severin, lash out and purchase a new AppleTV 4 you will not be
disappointed. ;-)  Only A$299 for 64GB (which I have) or A$239 for 32GB

http://www.apple.com/au/tv/?afid=p238%7CstQf6hO6i-dt_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_147391849146_&cid=aos-au-kwgo-btb-slid-

Sent from Ronni's iPad4