As usual - the Oracle spoke, the servant obeyed and after that all was well!
Many thanks as usual Ronni!
Severin

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
<mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>

> On 10 May 2017, at 15:49, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Severin, I now understand.
> I’m not sure, but if no-one else has any suggestion, it might be worth trying
> this:
> You do have a current BACKUP?...
>
> On the MacBook Air
> 1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
> 2. Click 'Sign Out'.  You’ll have to respond to a long series of prompts
> asking whether various data should be kept on your Mac or deleted.  Answer
> however you like; you will  be restoring all that data in just a moment,
> anyway.
> 3. Restart your Mac. (Don’t skip this step!)
> 4. Return to System Preferences > iCloud and 'sign back in'
> 5. Reenable all the iCloud features you want to use.
>
> More often than not (but no guarantees), this process will solve random
> iCloud problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
>> On 10 May 2017, at 2:29 pm, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au
>> <mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>> wrote:
>>
>> To clarify:-
>>      I can sign in to iCloud on all 4 devices and my username and password
>> are accepted on all.
>>      When viewing Settings/iCloud/Photos/Options on the MacAir and I  try to
>> alter a setting, the setting is changed but asking for confirmatory PW it is
>> rejected
>>
>> Sorry I was not clear on this.
>> Severin
>>
>>> On 10 May 2017, at 12:38 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:ro...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Severin,

>>> So no problems signing in to your iCloud Account on all four units - ie 2
>>> iDevices & 2 computers.

>>> I don’t understand your above comment?
>>> Are you in Photos.app on the MacBook Air? What option were you trying to
>>> change?
>>> Is it asking for your MacBook Air User Account password?

>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni
>>>
>>> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM