I recently lost an iPhone, and used Find my iPhone to try and find it.

According to the spot on the map, the iPhone was in the middle of the closely
mown lawn in the neighbour’s front yard across the street. We couldn’t find the
iPhone nor could we hear any sound from it, nor could we hear it ring when we
rang it.

I used f”ind my iPhone” on three different devices over the next three days,
from a variety of locations up to 20 km away from the neighbour’s place. The
result was identical on each of them, the location my missing phone less than
“1 minute ago” as being in the middle of the front lawn.

The battery has now gone flat, but just in case someone recharges the battery
and turns the phone on, I’d like to know what to do if, yet again, the iPhone
is reported as being in the middle of the yard. Or what I could have done.

Each device I used was using the latest iOS.

Happy New Year

Michael