I have to add my endorsement for Telstra’s service as well, although I must say
up front that we were transitioning from Foxtel Cable to Foxtel NBN, so there
was very little to change in the way of infrastructure since they are using
essentially the same cable technology. Nonetheless, apart from a few early
teething problems, the move to NBN has been quite painless and well supported.

> On 17 Feb 2019, at 5:40 pm, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> That has given me great confidence in the Telstra move to NBN.
> Thank you Robin.
>
> I moved reluctantly from Westnet to Telstra 9 years ago when I moved house.
> I had been very satisfied with Westnet until I moved house.
> But Westnet could not offer me high speed ADSL at the time and Telstra could.
> Something to do with the local Phone Sub Station ?
> In fact it was Westnet that suggested I should move to Telstra (which
> surprised me at the time).
>
> Anyway I have had the most wonderful experience with Telstra since then.
> I have rarely had to contact them with an issue.
> But when I have they have been very helpful, quick and efficient.
>
> On the other hand, my step daughter is with Westnet.
> She has me as a contact on her Westnet account because she is not very “tech
> savvy”.
> During the past couple of years I have had the most horrendous dealings with
> Westnet on her behalf.
> I dread each time she has a Westnet issue and asks me to resolve it for her.
>
> I have tried to talk her into going Telstra to make my life easier, but she
> is not keen on change.
>
> I have to say I cannot speak highly enough of Telstra.
>
>> On 17 Feb 2019, at 5:09 pm, Robin Belford <rbelf...@highway1.com.au
>> <mailto:rbelf...@highway1.com.au>> wrote:
>>
>> Switching to NBN -
>> Here in Busselton, after 24 years with Westnet, with the disconnection of
>> the analogue phone service imminent I signed up with Telstra for an NBN
>> internet service.
>> This consolidated all our fixed and mobile phones and now our internet with
>> one provider.
>> (I did start with Westnet, but they were unable to give any coherent service
>> offerings or timings and I moved on.)
>> The deal with Telstra was done in Dec 2017 and the change over date
>> scheduled for 19 Feb 2018.
>> The modem arrived in early-January and I immediately replaced my existing
>> ADSL modem with the new VDSL modem, configured it for my existing Westnet
>> account, and continued as usual.
>> On the 19 Feb, as promised, NBN Co opened the node (big box on the curb)
>> around the corner and switched switched us over.
>> Only later that day when I thought to check the speed did I realised that we
>> were now on the Telstra service using the NBN and getting 15 times the
>> previous download speed.
>> In a word - seamless!
>> It’s been working flawlessly ever since.
>> That’s the country life for you.
>>
>> ymmv.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Robin
>>
>>> On 17 Feb 2019, at 11:27 am, Susan Hastings <susanhasti...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:susanhasti...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> We had a fairly easy ride with Iinet side of things for the switch to NBN,
>>> any holdups were with NBNco. As we’ve been on for a year or more the pain
> [...]

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948